Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emma Hack

I found this artist, Emma Hack, and when I initially saw some of the wallpaper pieces, I wasn't too sure I liked the work. It wasn't unitl I saw the works which included birds, a cat and other inclusions that I became interested. Hack has models painted to blend in with the wallpaper; at times the models are hard to decipher while in other images the form can be located immediately. It is the works which have something unexpected that I find myself drawn to. In this piece the model holds a red bird which contrasts greatly with the simple black and white background of the piece. I like how Hack has pushed past the camouflaged figure and added an unexpected element of an animal, a color, or part of the body exposed, to the piece.

http://www.ignatius.sa.edu.au/Uploads/Images/hack-emma-wallpaper-red-bird.jpg 0226_hack1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment